Touring the Prairies PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 18 July 2007 15:02
july 19-07.jpgYes, we are still in Lethbridge, Alberta and Alberta is a large farming province not just home to some of the Rocky Mountains and to Waterton Lakes National Park. Today we decided to go for a motorcycle ride around Lethbridge which entailed touring the prairies and some of the foothills. From here, Bridgeview RV Resort, we headed southwest to Cardston, a small historic community and gateway to Waterton Lakes.

Today it was hot, 33°C (91°F), so we didn’t last too long in the heat and besides, it was windy, something we have been told to expect here in this part of the country. After lunch in Cardston we headed back to Lethbridge via a different route, passing one large prairie farm after another with the mountains way in the distance. By the time we got back to the Moho, I couldn’t get inside where it was cool fast enough.

For the rest of the afternoon I remained in air-conditioned comfort working on the website and uploading more pictures on Flickr. There are still hundreds of pics to be added but slowly I am getting there while simultaneously going back to the beginning of Our Journeys checking all my entries for broken links and consistency. It is a BIG job and I have ONLY three years of daily journaling to go!! Rick, who doesn’t seem to feel temperature extremes, spent his afternoon polishing vehicles; our new black car shows dirt much more than our old champagne coloured one did and the bike hasn’t been cleaned since Rapid City.

Today’s picture is of Bridgeview RV Park and the prairie flats we rode through this afternoon!