Wall and The Badlands PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 13 July 2007 13:32
july 14-07.jpgWe are leaving Hart Ranch Resort tomorrow so today we decided to give the motorcycle a break and do our sightseeing by car. We hung out at the park for lunch and until then I did some playing on the computer. Folks have been asking me why I don’t add pictures to the gallery anymore and I want to tell you that it is because it is really time consuming. It was always a big task but with the new website format, putting multiple pictures on has become very complicated. Today I became a Flickr user. I will insert our site where it will be easily accessible but for now just go here and see the pictures I have uploaded so far. The neat thing is you
can comment on them there and see as many as you want at a time. I have a lot to add so please bear with me and check back often.

This afternoon we ventured to The Badlands National Park, a place we have been to before in 2002 and where we attempted to go to on Wednesday by motorcycle. Unfortunately on Wednesday, aside from it being very windy, we got a little off track and ran out of time to get there. With today’s heat, I was quite happy to ride there in air-conditioned comfort and it was a nice change from the bike. On our way we stopped in a small town called Wall, South Dakota to go to the Wall Drug Store made famous by the efforts of Ted and Dorothy Hustead. It is quite a landmark and definitely put the town of Wall on the map!

The Badlands National Park is located just south of Wall and loops through some pretty remarkable land. It is another place we have been to before (again in 2002) before we became fulltimers. The terrain is pretty incredible and based on how desolate it seemss, The Badlands is certainly an appropriate name.

We arrived back at the Moho in time for me to add more pictures to Flickr, some from today, so be sure to check them out by going here.