The Ship Has Arrived! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 07 July 2007 12:40
july 8-07.jpgOkay so maybe it’s not a ship, it’s a motorhome but we have arrived in Rapid City, South Dakota. Having “boondocked” or “dry camped” for the past three nights, it was exciting to get to the Hart Ranch Resort where we will be staying for the next seven days. We deliberately stayed only a short drive away so we could be lazy this morning (remember our bodies are still on Pacific Time) and take our time getting here.

Through the three nights of dry camping (no hook-ups) we weren’t as conservative with the water as we could have been and this morning we both had to forgo our daily showers. Now I am a little freaky about my showers; I have showered everyday for at least forty years (with the exception of when I’ve been incapacitated by illness) and I don’t do well without them. However, once we got settled in our site we both got busy cleaning; Rick outside (including the car) and me inside. The whole Moho is now shiny clean (inside); no more dust, no more little finger prints on the mirrors and no more sticky floor.

As soon as I had finished the Moho cleaning, I jumped in the shower and had a nice long one, basking in it like I’d never showered before. We hadn’t really expected to dry camp three nights in a row but because we chose a less traveled route, roadside RV Parks weren’t as abundant as they are near the interstate highways. It seems when we found one it was either a little “scary” looking, full to capacity or miles down a side road and not at all visible (making it impossible to visually check it out first).

Anyway, this park is gorgeous, with large, level, 50 AMP full hook-up sites which is great because we need our air conditioners (it’s hot). The motorcycle rally doesn’t get underway until Tuesday so we’ll have some time to get acquainted with the area tomorrow. I took a short break from my cleaning this afternoon and took this picture of Rick doing what Rick does best!