Recovering PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 23 June 2007 13:40
june 24-07.jpgFurther to yesterday’s report of the smash and grab in our car, I mentioned that we were subjected to over $1000 in damages. I am sure that left many of you wondering how a smashed window could amount to that much money but I neglected to mention that our thief also pried at the window frame for awhile before smashing the window. The cost of the window, according to the parts dude at Abbotsford Honda, is a ridiculous $600.00! Tomorrow we’ll find out what the cost of repairing (replacing?) the window frame will be but based on the fact that the window glass is $600, you can be sure it won’t be cheap.

Today the rain returned with a vengeance so the timing of the break in was better than it might have been. Fortunately there is room in Ian’s garage for our car so it wasn’t getting filled with water and hopefully tomorrow during the time it will take to drive the car to Honda it won’t pour with rain. I suppose there is always a piece of cardboard if it does…such an attractive accessory on a car!

Today we slept in, really slept in…Karley woke us at 9:00 AM looking for some lemon oil (I guess our ordeal yesterday took more of a toll than we realized) and then we enjoyed the rest of the day with Makai, Monet, Karley and Ian. They had some RVing visitors come by for lunch with their new Moho and we had an opportunity to compare notes. Sylvia and Richard are eastward bound on Tuesday and looking forward to exploring more of Canada so we were able to make a couple of route suggestions.

Tonight Jay popped by on his way back from Salmon Arm where he spent the weekend and Makai was thrilled with the surprise. Our wee grandson had a very fun-filled day yesterday (Karley and Ian had a backyard barbecue for the parents of several of Makai’s playmates) and he was still recovering from all of THAT excitement. With his favourite uncle coming for a visit, albeit short, he was super exhausted at bedtime tonight. It was a good thing that Grampa had an opportunity to snuggle with him this morning (I think they were both recovering) when he was only a little tired!