Officially Making Progress PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 19 June 2007 14:32
june 20-07.jpgYesterday we had the car safety checked in order to get it changed to BC licensing and get on the government run insurance program. We aren’t big fans of government run insurance (do they really run anything well?) but it’s the only game in town and as BC residents we need BC plated vehicles. Fortunately all of our vehicles are in excellent condition so the only cost is for the testing and the certification.

Today we went into Yaletown to have high speed internet installed and in doing so we will also be able to use our California phone number because it is broadband with Vonage VOIP (Voice over internet protocol). This means that when we go into Vancouver we will have both a telephone to use and internet at our condo albeit devoid of any furniture for now.

We also made a stop at the post office to change our mailing address and to mail our health insurance application forms. Now our address is officially in BC and this afternoon we changed our driver’s licenses to reflect that too. The motorcycle is in the bike shop as I write having the safety done on it and next Wednesday the Moho has an appointment for it’s safety inspection. Though we wanted to register at least the car and trailer today, we ran out of business hours to get it done (the ICBC insurance offices close at 5:00 even though there are agencies that sell the insurance open until 9:00). I suppose this makes it almost official and at the very least we are making great progress!

This morning just as he was waking up, Makai asked if he could go see Grampa and Granni so Mommy and kiddies came for a wake-up call. I couldn’t help it…the camera was beside me.