Happy Father's Day! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 16 June 2007 15:02
june 17-07.jpgWhen my children were little, their changes were so subtle; at least to me because I was with them everyday. I took for granted or at least didn’t marvel at the little things; the new words, the new gestures, the sudden growth spurts because I was facing them on a daily basis and then they didn’t seem so profound. That is the beauty of grandchildren; the little things ARE noticed, the changes seem so extreme and we value each and every one.

Today, Father’s Day, was the perfect opportunity to relish every second with Monet and Makai and marvel at how much they have changed since we last saw them live and in person in February. Sure we have had the webcam to see them with from afar but it isn’t quite the same as the live version. Makai is Rick’s shadow, following his every move and rest assured, Rick is loving every second of it. Monet must sense that she somehow knows us even though she was just seven months old when we saw her last. At eleven months, she is as solid as they come and she walks everywhere with a shy but not so shy grin creeping across her face regularly.

This afternoon Jay came over for a visit and that increased the excitement tenfold; Makai is his biggest fan and was in his glory all day. He had his Dad, his Grampa and his favourite Uncle Jay at his beck and call all afternoon. We enjoyed just spending time together as a big happy family and the fathers and grandfather basked in it. Happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there!