Settling PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 27 April 2007 23:27

apr 28-07.jpgLiving in a motorhome, one has to make some adjustments. Though we have a washer/dryer on board, it is the kind that only allows for a small amount of laundry to be done at a time. Being parked right beside my sister’s house makes us conveniently close to a full size washer and dryer. This morning we removed our mattress cover, pillow covers, sheets and quilt and washed them and dried them all in two loads. Normally washing and drying only the sheets is a two load deal taking a couple of hours for drying and even then, everything comes out pretty wrinkled. Today I took full advantage of our location and did several loads of laundry.

Late this afternoon, Christine, Rick and I headed to Barrie to join Bill and Laura for dinner at Gayle and Graham’s house. Bill and Laura’s wedding is arriving in two weeks and they have been crazy busy with showers and parties in honour of them and their upcoming nuptials. Because of our roving lifestyle we haven’t been able to attend any of the festivities so it was especially nice to spend some time with the soon-to-be-weds in such a small gathering. The seven of us spent most of the evening laughing and eating and just really enjoying each other’s company.

The weather continues to be cool; I don’t think we ever reached the predicted 12°C (54°F) high but as the day was coming to an end we think we actually saw some breaks in the clouds and maybe even the sun! The forecast for tomorrow is calling for sunshine and a high of 15°C (59°F) and we are really hoping it’s right!

We managed to get a group shot thanks to a timer on the camera; here we are from left – Rick, Laura, Graham, me, Christine, Gayle and Bill.