Angel Haven PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 28 January 2004 00:00

Today we decided to go to John's Pass, an historic fishing village and boardwalk in Madeira Beach, about 35 minutes from here. Gayle came with us and we took a longer, scenic route there along the ocean. It was "cold" here, 13°C (55°F) though sunny so it was a great day to do this. John's Pass hosts a variety of shops, restaurants, snack bars and coffee shops. From there you can go fishing or dolphin watching or just walk along the boardwalk. We had a great seafood lunch and then meandered along the boardwalk. The seabirds are very aggressive and even tried to steal an ice cream cone right out of my hand!

We then walked along the street, back towards where we parked the car, browsing in the many touristy shops when we came across Angel Haven. This store carries everything "Angel" you can possibly imagine. They have all kinds of customized, unique jewellery, cards, ornaments, figurines, clocks and bronze statues among other things. For the past year and a half I have been browsing their website for all kinds of information and links about angels. I was thrilled to be at their store, which I wasn't even aware of until today. Jeff Antous, one of the owners was extremely helpful and very informative.

I had picked up a brochure for John's Pass last week while we were in Sarasota and had mentioned to Rick that I would like to go there while we were in this area. It was at his suggestion that we should venture over there today. Little did we know that we would be leaving there today with some angel paraphernalia in hand. I find it funny how we seem be drawn to either Angel stores or other Angel believers everywhere we go!

(PS For those of you who don't already know, I am a huge believer of Angels and I collect Angel pins, earrings and pendants.)