A Bad Day at the Beach is Better Than a Good Day at the Office! PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 23 February 2004 00:00
 That was something Rick said today, while we were laying on the beach at Crandon Park on Key Biscayne. Not that it was a bad day by any means, the sun was shining, there was a warm breeze, it was 80F and there was not a cloud in the sky. Our last day in Miami was perfect. We got up early, did a round of Pilates, had breakfast and said goodbye to our friends from Oshawa. We packed a lunch and set off for our destination. The traffic was light and as usual we had the beach to ourselves.

We were back at the campground by 4:00 so that we could get some things done in order to leave here tomorrow in good time. Rick washed and vacuumed the car while I did some paperwork. After we were finished we went for a final bike ride around the campground. While I prepared dinner, he put away the tarp and the wheel covers, then attached the car and bikes to the motorhome. Tomorrow, we can take our time for breakfast and be out of here by 10:30. If we left any sooner, we would have to deal with the morning rush hour and if we leave too much later we will deal with rush hour further north. It's been a great stay here and we really enjoyed it. Cool

I didn't take any pictures today and that's a first but I am including a view of Miami taken while in the car driving on the causeway coming from Key Biscayne on Saturday! Notice the cruise ships in the distance. There were five in the harbour that day!