Rosanne and Rob Are Here At Last! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 13 March 2004 00:00
Texas is full of boot stores. There are huge stores where all they sell is western wear, boots, belts, jeans, hats and shirts. When we were here in 1992 with my sister, Christine and her husband Fred, we went to one and as soon as we walked in the door, they greeted us with a tray of beer! We were in our glory! Now that we aren't drinking, the lure of free beer was not a factor, but I was looking for a new belt and some long jeans. Jeans are extra long here (to fit over boots) and that is a real bonus for me because I always have a problem getting them to fit. Anyway, we each bought a pair of jeans and a belt as well as a couple of shirts!

Rob and Rosanne weren't flying in until almost 9:00 PM so we still had some time to take in a movie. We wanted to see 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore but it was coming on too late so we saw Monster with Charlize Therron. It was a sad movie; Charlize's performance was worthy of the Academy Award that she won and it left us feeling an assortment of emotions.

We went back to the motorhome for dinner then headed to the airport. Dallas/Fort Worth Airport is huge; the roads and the runways seem to intermingle and getting lost is an easy thing to do. Airport designers must think that everyone has a built in GPS system in their brains because the signage is horrible at any major airport we have been to. After driving around for an extra 15 minutes we finally arrived at the right terminal and two minutes after we walked in, Rosanne and Rob appeared. Timing is everything! Smile