Time PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 03 June 2004 00:00
I woke up this morning at 5:00 AM to the busy sounds of life on a lagoon. I heard the ducks; both the parents and their young, frogs, the swans and several other waterfowl I haven't yet identified. The sky was a beautiful blue and the sun was beginning to peek through and it was obvious that we were going to have a glorious day. If this is any indication, we will have a wonderful two months here.

The cable guy arrived at 9:30 AM after our breakfast and got me set up with high speed Internet so I am finally online and it feels great. I really missed being able to write online daily and to send and receive email. Our phones don't work well here so email is our only form of communicating consistently with our families and friends. We had planned to just hang out here today so that Rick could polish the vehicles and we could enjoy our surroundings. We basked in 23C weather and lots of sun. While "The Waxman" did his thing, Helen walked the beach and I wrote, exercised and then watched the ducks.

Our friends, Michael and Dolores Todd came over for a visit and dinner. Dolores and I have been friends for 23 years and were inseparable for years. She and Mike moved here in the summer of 1993 but we stay in touch and whenever we get together, it's like life has been standing still. We always pick up where we left off and tonight was no different. The five of us walked the beach after dinner as the sun was setting and we made plans for the next few weeks. I know the time will whiz by but hopefully not so fast that we'll miss anything. What a great day!