Reflections PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 05 June 2004 00:00
I have started to NordicTrack again. I took up Nordic Tracking almost two years ago and when I started then, I would work out for 30 minutes each day. I did it religiously every morning until May of 2003 when we took delivery of the motorhome and I didn't make time for it anymore. Since we have started travelling, my exercising intentions were good, but I just haven't been able to find the right thing to keep me in shape and consequently, I am carrying more lard around my waist than I am happy with. I thought jogging would be the answer but I have learned that at 49, it is not a good time to take up the sport for the first time. My knees and back have paid dearly for it ever since. So we bought a used Nordic Track machine in Vancouver and now I am back to my "old reliable" and enjoying it immensely.

While I work out, I am fortunate enough to overlook the lagoon with the duck and swan families. Today, I watched as one of the swans silently glided across the lagoon, which was perfectly still. It immediately reminded me of a vivid dream that I had last spring shortly after I started on my spiritual journey. I dreamt that I was walking through an emerald green forest when I came across a mirror lake surrounding by huge, beautiful rose quartz crystal boulders. In the middle of the lake was a beautiful white swan gracefully swimming without making a ripple. The dream and the reality of what I was seeing this morning was almost parallel (minus the crystals), like a déjà vu moment. I instantly felt as if this is exactly where I am supposed to be at this time in my life and I had such a feeling of absolute peace.

This park is beautiful with so many different settings and I suspect I will have much to write about over the coming weeks. Between the wildlife, the ocean, the lagoon and the beautiful plant life there is no end to where I will find my inspiration.