The Victoria Folk Festival PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 30 June 2004 00:00
Last night after supper, we drove into Victoria to check out the Folk Fest, which started last Friday and runs until this Sunday. It is held along the Inner Harbour across from the parliament buildings in downtown Victoria and draws over 150,000 visitors. This is the festival's 31st year and it features 1,500 musicians and also has several international food kiosks as well as many crafts booths. The cost of $6.00 each, gives us unlimited access to the venues until Sunday when it ends. Because we didn't arrive there until 8:30 PM and the craft booths closed at 9:00 PM we decided to return to the Folk Fest today.

Today we woke up to another sunny, cloudless day with a high around 25C. The weather has been perfect for the tourists but a real concern for the island dwellers, uneasy about the potential fire danger due to the lack of rain. This morning I had some work to finish, so we didn't go to town until late in the day. We enjoyed walking around eating a bowl of gelato and listening to the music. We can certainly understand why it is so popular.

When we got back home, I had some good news emails waiting for me. One was about a story I sent into my writing course for evaluation, critiqued by an author. She told me I have a talent in writing that if I wanted, could earn me a living! I had a great day!