Good Timing PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 19 July 2004 00:00
Many years ago, my dad gave me a set of antique dishes that were his grandparents. My grandmother actually had the set and divided it into two; giving one set to Dad, the other to his sister. My aunt contacted me in December to see if I wanted to purchase her set, which I did. I paid to have it shipped to Ontario and as luck would have it, it arrived this week. I received notification via email last Wednesday and I had to go to customs to clear it in person today. According to the shipper, had I been in Victoria, I would have had to either have it forwarded there to clear it or fly back to do it. Timing IS everything.

Rachel was home early so we ran some errands together before joining Bill, Laura, Jay, and their friend Jimmie for a farewell dinner at The Rainforest Café in the Yorkdale Mall. The atmosphere is most interesting and the food was great. After some good laughs, great conversation and big hugs, I said goodbye to Laura, Bill and Jimmie. Jay, Rachel and I headed back to Markham for my last night in Ontario. I have had an awesome visit though it was not nearly long enough and I fly out tomorrow (hopefully NOT missing my flight) at 5:30 PM.