What's The Point? PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 10 September 2004 00:00
Yesterday we were actually out of bed and walking before 9:00 AM and it was great. We walked all over the campground and then up and down the beach for a whole hour. We felt good knowing we had actually done some exercising and we still had a whole day ahead of us. We met a couple of fulltimers in Campbell River and she told us it took her a year after they started before it finally sunk in that they weren't on holidays. That's our problem, we feel like we are on holidays and we sleep in accordingly. Neither Rick or I ever slept in before but now sometimes we don't wake up until well after 8:00 AM and that is sleeping in for us. So we decided that we should get up early and repeat yesterday's experience again today.

When we went to bed last night, I set the alarm for 7:00 AM and we settled in for a good night's sleep. Now I don't know about you, but when we set the alarm clock the ones in our heads keep waking us up every hour to see what time it is and it's most annoying. Then as if that wasn't bad enough at 4:00 AM we both woke up because there was a noisy seal splashing and barking on the beach. At first we thought "How cute" but after 20 minutes, we both closed our windows and tried to go back to sleep and I kept thinking about all the campers in tents down by the beach. I could just envision an army of sleepy people heading down to the beach to send the blubbery bugle swimming off to sea.

Finally we got two phone calls from Ontario, one at 6:00 AM and the other at 6:30 so needless to say, I turned off the alarm clock; we rolled over and dozed off until 8:15AM. We went for our walk and came back to have breakfast but the morning was well on it's way and our good intentions were dashed. I think tomorrow we'll forgo the alarm clock and just get up when the ones in our heads tell us to. Undecided