A Baby Shower PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 14 November 2004 00:00

Today we attended a baby shower/brunch for Karley and Ian at The Boathouse Restaurant overlooking English Bay and even though it was rainy, we still enjoyed a beautiful view. Things have changed since the days when a baby shower was a ladies only event and it was nice that both parents could enjoy the festivities.

Karley's friend, Cheryl, had approached me some time ago about helping to organize the shower and due to the construction at Karley and Ian's place and the locale of Cheryl's house, we opted for a more central location. The Boathouse offered the right setting and they comfortably accommodated our group of 20 people. We had tried to keep it a secret from Karley but through the flurry of emails going back and forth between friends, she inevitably found out. Dolores, our friend from Victoria did sneak in, giving Karley a pleasant surprise though and the proud parents-to-be received some really great gifts. We had a lot of laughs with their friends and enjoyed a great meal. I have to say I really liked the restaurant idea because there was no preparation and no clean up by us, allowing everyone to participate in it and enjoy themselves.

Rick and I headed back to the motorhome after the meal and the gift opening to pack for my trip back to Ontario, all the while hoping I have not forgotten anything. I am looking forward to seeing Jay and Rachel tomorrow and hope I can offer the needed support during his surgery and recovery. I am thankful that I was able to attend the baby shower before I left and just hope that baby waits for my return to make "its" debut. Smile