Another Great Day PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 17 January 2005 00:00

Yes, the rain is back and the temperature is "soaring". Okay, maybe not soaring but it is 7:03 PM here as I write this and the current temperature is 9C. We have had plenty of rain today and the snow that was here is all but gone and I am not complaining at all. Mind you, if it rains like this for the next three weeks I could be singing a different tune but for now I am enjoying the fact that I am not freezing when I go outside.

We sold a couple of things on E-Bay over the weekend and today we needed to get them packaged up for shipping. We went over to the Lougheed Mall to get some bubble wrap and to get a few groceries. We took our umbrellas and we both wore waterproof shoes to keep our feet dry while walking through the excessive amount of surface water caused from the melting snow and the rain. It was a short trip because we were expecting Karley and Makai to come by this afternoon. We enjoyed our babysitting experience yesterday so much that we volunteered to help whenever we can. Today Karley wanted to go to Costco, near here and she took us up on our offer.

Karley fed him before she left but Makai is going through a growth spurt lately and suffers a little from gas. I had lots of practice with colic when Jay was a baby and it seems I haven't lost my touch even 27 years later. He calmed down in my arms with some cuddling and gentle rocking and was fast asleep in no time. I love his smell, the softness of his skin and the little bird sounds he makes when he sleeps. I am reminded of how fast time flies and the necessity to relish every moment with this little boy while I can. Before Mommy and son left for home, his proud Grandpa bundled him up and took Makai into the office to show him off to Flora. It's been another great day. Laughing