Sam....We're Home! PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 30 January 2005 00:00

This morning we woke up to the sound of rain falling on the roof. Rick and I have had the good fortune of staying in the Todd's summerhouse, around the lake from Mike and Dolores's house. It has been so quiet at night, in fact, a real noise vacation, so the rain seemed quite loud. It has been unusual for me not having a cat sprawled against my legs and no sounds of cars or trains in the background.

After a lovely, fresh fruit breakfast with Mike and Dolores, we started to make our way to the ferry to go back to Vancouver, but not before stopping by the MacLachlan house. Becky and Lachie live 20 minutes from the ferry terminal so it was a convenient stop and on our way. Karley, Ian and Makai were staying there a little longer while we were leaving earlier so after a short visit we continued on to the ferry. It was foggy, rainy and again uneventful and we were anxious to get back to the motorhome to see how Sam Cat survived her two nights without us.

As soon as we opened the door to the motorhome, our little black cat was there to greet us. For her it probably seemed like a really long time since she'd seen us last but we left some lights and music on for her as well as lots of food and water. She seemed none the worse for wear but it was evident that she missed us and is happy that we are back and tonight she will curl up against my legs as usual. We had a really wonderful time in Victoria but it is always nice to be "home" again!