Happy Birthday Bill and Ian PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 01 February 2005 00:00

The weather here continues to be very spring-like and we are enjoying temperatures that hover between 10 and 14C. Everyday when we check the forecast, it calls for rain but we have yet to see it though in the morning when we wake up there is evidence that it rained through the night. Everywhere we look there are buds opening on trees and shrubs and there are small flowers popping up through the soil. Yesterday, I noticed a plant opening up beside the pool area here that I have had difficulty keeping alive as an indoor houseplant when we lived in Ontario. Has spring arrived here already? That remains to be seen, but I tell you, it sure feels like it.

Today, February 1st is both Bill and Ian's birthday. Bill and Laura will be coming out here at the end of the month so we will celebrate his big day then but we did want to give Ian his gift today. Ian had some previous commitments and Karley wanted to go out and pick up some photographs so this evening, we went over to the house to baby-sit for a little while before Ian got home. Granni had the pleasure of changing Makai's very messy diaper, not once but three times in just under an hour! It was truly my lucky day because then he barfed all over my shoulder leaving me smelling like baby puke, something I hadn't had the pleasure of smelling like for a very long time. What fun! Wink

Ian arrived home and we presented him with gift certificates for facials and massages for he and Karley to enjoy together on Saturday night, after which they will go out for dinner. They can have an evening of relaxation and some romance while we stay home and look after Makai, a little break they can both use. With some real luck, Makai will have a good evening with us without any repeats of tonight. Although, I really didn't mind, that smell is something I could do without. Happy Birthday, Ian and Bill. We hope you each have a good one!