Tidbits PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 10 February 2005 00:00

For my birthday, Karley gave me a reflexology appointment with a friend of hers, Suzanne Partridge. Reflexology is an ancient therapy, which uses a method of foot massage where the therapist applies pressure to reflex points on the feet. It is believed that the soles of the feet mirror our bodies and by working on specific areas of the foot, the therapist can assist our body's natural healing abilities. Suzanne had me sit in a very comfortable, reclining chair and she then proceeded to work on my feet. From my right foot, she immediately knew that my left shoulder muscles were tight and have been giving me some grief. It was the most soothing session of bodywork I have had in a long time and I left there feeling very relaxed. I must say it was a great birthday gift and my sincerest thanks go to Karley for her thoughtfulness!

Here at the park, they have the pool closed this week for maintenance so I have had to forgo my daily swim and I am missing it a lot. I have been using my Nordic Track but it just isn't the same. Who would have thought that I would get so hooked on swimming? I think in the 20 years we lived in Oro, where we had an inground swimming pool, I probably only swam in it a total of 50 times and even then I certainly didn't do laps. And I am not a lake swimmer (a fear of the "who knows what"), so I swam in Sparrow Lake two or three times in the 12 years we had Grandview. Apparently the pool will reopen on Saturday and for sure, yours truly will be first in line to get in it.

Today, Rick wanted to do what Rick does best...polish the motorhome so we hung out at the park. The weather is perfect for the task; it has been beautiful for several days, sunny and clear with temperatures hovering around 10C. So, this afternoon Rick puttered around outside while I did some laundry inside. We both accomplished a little and enjoyed a quiet afternoon, practice I suppose for the months ahead when we are back on the road with no grandchild to occupy us. Despite missing him, we had a good day!