Getting Ready PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 03 March 2005 16:00
Helen's flight was leaving this morning at 10:45 and needless to say, our inner alarm clocks woke us up early. I don't know about other people but whenever I am leaving someplace, it is easier to go if the weather is less than great so the fact that it was overcast made it a good way for Helen to leave here. We checked her in at the West Jet counter then headed to Starbucks for a Chai Tea and a muffin before she headed through the departure gate. Thank goodness she knows we will be seeing her soon in Ontario so we managed to avoid any tears.

After we left the airport we went back to the motorhome to pick up Sam, the cat, to take her to her veterinary appointment. For the past couple of days, we noticed that she has been a little docile and not her usual self. Last night, after a closer look we could see that she has what appears to be an infected ear. In her effort to get some relief from it, she has been scratching at her chin and mouth and it has gotten quite scabby so we knew she needed some attention. Karley was able to get an appointment at the vet they use and after a thorough examination, we left there with something to clean her ears, antibiotics, antibacterial ear drops and an antibacterial wash for her chin. By the time we got home, it was quite obvious by her demeanour that the cleansing she received made her feel a little better for now.

The rest of the day was spent running errands, tying up some loose ends and doing laundry in preparation for our departure on Sunday. We have to reorganize some cupboards and make room for the extra stuff we have managed to acquire over the past six months while we have been parked here. Hopefully by Sunday morning, our planned day for hitting the road, I won't cry too much about leaving Karley, Ian and Makai and we will be ready to go. The countdown is on!