Adjusting PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 09 December 2004 00:00

Jay and I are adapting to the time change fairly well, all things considered. He'd had an exhausting day yesterday and sitting up without elevating his leg for several hours did cause some swelling which obviously took more out of him than he thought. He fell asleep at 9:30, woke up once around 4:30, took his antibiotic and promptly fell back to sleep until I called over and woke both him and Karley up at 8:00. I was awake at 4:15 AM but after getting up and writing, went back to sleep until 7:30, so I suppose I was tired too.

My arrival back at the motorhome last night was especially good because between the excited greeting from Sam the cat, the welcome home card and the other bouquet of flowers on the table, it was pretty obvious that I had been missed. The new cork floor is gorgeous and Rick had everything sparkling. I felt bad bringing in all my stuff cluttering things up again. I was too tired to unpack last night so it was something we both tackled this morning and before long, I was sure Rick was wishing I had stayed away.

We took Karley and Jay out for breakfast this morning (Ian was at work) to Juicy Lucy's on the drive and then gave Jay a short tour of Vancouver, getting him acquainted with Yaletown, our future neighbourhood. I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon so Rick and Jay went to an organic and live food vegetarian restaurant in Kitsilano to eat and wait. After they picked me up and we shopped for supper, which I was preparing, we headed back to Karley and Ian's. The day had managed to disappear and somehow, by the time I had finished cooking, it was after 9:00 before we ate. The weather is mild and wet, typical for this time of year here, but there is no snow, no freezing and my skin and hair are happy again. I had a great first day back home!Smile