Tired PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 11 December 2004 00:00

Jay had an Integrative Healing appointment with Linda Nardelli  scheduled for 11:00 this morning so Rick and I picked him up to take him there. Today was a great day to do some sight seeing so afterwards we grabbed a quick bite to eat and we took Jay around UBC, False Creek, Stanley Park and Granville Island. It was mostly a driving tour but we would park periodically and walk for a bit. The weather was beautiful and being so close to Christmas, the shopping areas were busier than normal so we avoided them as much as we could. Jay isn't a shopper anyway, so he was quite happy to just enjoy the scenery.

Karley and Ian had a busy day scheduled and a wedding to attend in the afternoon so Jay was looking forward to an evening alone. He has been surrounded by people since his operation almost a month ago so an evening in solitude would be a nice change. We dropped him off back at the house at around 4:30 and headed back to the motorhome. We had planned to have a light meal and watch a movie.

By 6:30 I reclined on the couch however I couldn't keep my eyes open. I guess all the sleepless nights from the past month and a half were finally catching up with me. Between that and the time change between here and Ontario, I was exhausted. I simply could not stay awake and obviously I couldn't follow the movie, I didn't write and I didn't even check my email. Rick tried to convince me to go to bed but I resisted citing that it was too early and I pretended to stay awake. Finally at 8:45, I resisted no longer and retreated to the bedroom. Despite the fact that I had already slept for a couple of hours, my head hit the pillow and I was gone again. I woke up several times through the night, never for long and finally woke up at 6:15 AM. So here I am, writing about yesterday and it is early on Sunday morning. It was by far one of the longest sleeps I have enjoyed in a long, long time! Smile