Our Last Day in Coachella Valley PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 05 May 2006 16:00
(for now)

Before I start, I need to acknowledge my baby, Jamie Seabrook, who turned 27 years old yesterday. He doesn’t visit this site, nor does he email me and he hardly ever calls but in case any of my other readers are wondering, he does exist and I love him just as much as I do his siblings. I did send him a card and gift and I called him on Friday so it wasn’t like I forgot about him, I just didn’t acknowledge his birthday here so I am doing it now. Happy Birthday Jamie!

Now that that is out of the way I will get on with how our day went. I’d like to say that I worked hard but that would be a lie, however my sweet husband spent the morning scrubbing, vacuuming and polishing the interior of the motorhome from back to front and back again until it sparkled. The gritty dust that was coating everything is now gone and all our breakables are packed and put away in preparation for tomorrows departure. I did do some laundry and ironing but for the most part, my contribution to the cleaning project was very minimal.

It had been our plan to enjoy a farewell dinner with our friend Anita, however she was exhausted from a long weekend of work and we said our goodbyes over the phone. Instead, Rick and I drove into Palm Springs for a farewell dinner alone at Al Dente, our favourite pasta restaurant, for a yummy meal. Afterwards we took a short walk to Koffi, (a wonderful coffee shop) for a final treat before heading back to the motorhome. We will hit the sack early tonight so we can get up at dawn to make some phone calls (to places in the EST) before we get on the road by 9 AM. Though we have enjoyed our stay here (and we will definitely be back), it is way past time for us to leave and we are really looking forward to our trip tomorrow.