Company’s Coming... Can the Weather Please Co-operate? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 21 March 2007 11:00

mar 22-07.jpgWe have had a sunny, mostly warm winter with some cool days and more wind than is normal for these parts. Of course the excess wind has not been exclusively California’s problem as the recent damage to Stanley Park in Vancouver can attest to. Last week and the one before were unseasonably hot here and we had had nothing but blue sky and sunshine.

Tonight Jay is flying in from Vancouver to spend the weekend and enjoy some much needed R & R. Wouldn’t you know that we are seeing mostly cloudy conditions and rain for the first time all season. Today I even heard rumours of possible thundershowers too but I doubt that there is much substance to them. Though we should experience warm days with highs in the upper 20’s and low 30’sC (low to mid 80’sF), apparently the clouds will be around for much of the weekend…bummer!Frown

I am hoping my schedule will remain clear for the weekend so I can spend some quality time with my middle child while he’s here. If we’re lucky, the forecast will be wrong and the weather will be clear and warm all weekend too! Here is a close up of some of the cactus blooms found here in the Catalina Park.