What IS Normal Anyway? PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 14 January 2007 16:00

Recently I have discovered the TV program, 30 Days. For those of you who have seen the movie, Supersize Me, you will find the television series, 30 Days (produced by Morgan Spurlock, star, creator and producer of the Supersize movie) at the very least…thought provoking. The first season of this program was in 2005 with six shows produced and it is now available on DVD. Of the twelve episodes produced so far, I have seen four and I look forward to seeing all of them. I encourage you to see this series because I believe it can help us all break down some barriers and preconceived notions we have of folks who are different from us.

Though the overnight temperature here didn’t get quite as low as it did the night before, it was still plenty cold in these parts. This morning when Rick went to mow the putting green, the grass was frozen and there was a solid puddle of ice coating it from the sprinkler system. People are bundling up in sweaters, insulated coats, scarves and hats and were it not for the blue sky and cacti, it really looks like we are someplace up north. Once the sun goes down all I want to do is stay cosy and warm and spend the evening inside cuddling up with my hubby.

The northwest part of the US and southern BC are being blasted with snow once again and finally central Ontario is getting a taste of winter after a balmy Christmas season. Is there any part of this continent that is having a “normal” winter? By the way, those are icicles hanging from the bottom of the palm tree!