Some of the Things That Make Men Tick PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 28 January 2007 16:00

On Saturday we went to Quartzsite in Arizona with Gayle and Graham. As I mentioned earlier, we were met by a sea of RV’s for as far as we could see and we encountered one large flea market after another. When we arrived there, we didn’t quite know where to start but settled on the first “flea market” area we came across.

It was there that we discovered that Elvis lives in Quartzsite and that people will sell almost anything to just as many people looking to buy anything. There was a large display of motors and engines which of course was a big draw for the “menfolk”. It was at that point that Gayle and I separated from the men and wandered around looking for things more interesting.

Was it any wonder that when I asked Rick for his camera card to see what kind of pictures he took, I encountered over a dozen pictures of motors and things of that nature? Despite what it looks like there were vendors selling clothing, jewellery and antiques as well as tools, kitchenware and kites. These were just a few of the things that could be bought for the right price and it was a flea marketers dream!