Settling In PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 25 October 2005 16:00

This morning we had to set the alarm for 5:00 AM; it was still dark and we hated to get up but we were supposed to be at the Flexsteel factory in Riverside at 8:00 AM. Driving back towards LA was not something we were looking forward to, but Riverside is on the outskirts and so reluctantly, we headed west at 6:30 in the morning. Highway 10 was much like any major freeway heading into a big city at that hour of day, but it was flowing well. We then took Highway 60, which leads to Riverside, winding through canyons and valleys making it a really pretty drive, unlike most city-bound highways.

The warranty work done at Flexsteel only took us an hour and now our couch is perfect. As much as we hated the early wake-up call and the drive into the city, the end result made it all worthwhile.

Once we returned to the park, we raked our site; Rick cleaned the windows and put on the sunscreens while I washed the floors, cupboards and walls inside. It's nice to be able to set things out; candles, ornaments etcetera knowing that we aren't moving anytime soon making things homier. After a full day of working on our home, we then decided to take advantage of the great weather and go for a swim in the pool. We are warm (at 10:00 PM, it is 22C), the park is beautiful, the folks here are friendly, the location is central to a lot of places we want to explore and I think we are going to like it here. Tomorrow I will take some pictures around the park so our new homestead can be seen by all.