Counting… PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 20 November 2005 16:00

Before we left Vancouver, Karley gave both Rick and I our last professional haircuts in what could be a long time. My hair was cut very short; a change for me, and Karley supplied us with a razor and some instructions on how to use it. We were hoping to maintain each others “do’s” until Karley comes to visit us in January. There are two stylists here in the park but because I have curly hair and have had some horrible experiences with other stylists, I am always leery of trying someone new. When my hair is short, it needs to be cut every 4 or 5 weeks so before Rick left for Vancouver, he tried his hand at giving me a haircut. He is lucky because today Karley has given him a haircut which means he won’t be subjected to my untalented hands.

I have been speaking with Rick, sometimes several times a day, and he has been busy helping to get Ian’s house finished, making it more saleable. He has been painting, sanding, tiling and in between, spending time with Makai who (he tells me) is pulling himself up on furniture and getting into everything. The weather in Vancouver hasn’t been too bad either; some sun and at least it’s above freezing, unlike what Ontario has been through.

Yesterday was such a great day, a day of pampering and looking after myself, that I was exhausted last night and barely able to keep my eyes open past 9:00 PM. I think the culmination of all the days buried in the computers finally caught up with me and I slept like a baby until 5:30 AM, which is a long time for me. Surprisingly, I was able to go back to sleep until after 7:00 and then I puttered around having a leisurely morning alone. The temperatures during the day still go up to the high 20’sC and at 27C, today was no exception. I had a swim, went for a bicycle ride and enjoyed my day but I miss my hubby, who returns on Wednesday, and you can be sure I am counting the hours until he returns.