Signs PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 05 December 2005 16:00

I went to bed last night at 8:00 PM and awoke this morning at 7:30 AM, the longest sleep I have had in a long time. Through the night I woke up several times but despite my throbbing head, I fell back asleep right away each time. Once morning came, my head pain had moved from above my left eye (like a stabbing knife) to over my right ear, a good sign. Having suffered with migraines for a quarter of a century, I have come to know them well and any relocation of pain is a sign that the headache will soon subside. I spent much of the morning lying down but by noon; I had showered (the hot water beating on my head for 20 minutes was wonderful), dressed and eaten breakfast.

I am pleased to report that I was mobile enough to go to the pool for a long swim, something that gave me even more relief and some much needed exercise. I have had a pleasant pain-free evening and hopefully I am finally on the mend. Boy, when a body wants some rest, it can sure go to extremes to ensure it gets it and for the past three days, this body of mine has rested enough to last for a very long time!

Before Rick left, our neighbour Walter completed a sign we had asked him to make for us. Walter is a talented sign painter, originally from Germany who has lived here in the US since 1952 originally working as a bookkeeper. He ran “Walter’s Sign Studio” in Newport Beach until 1975 when he moved to a smaller, less stressful community in northern California. Since Walter has been coming here in the winter, he has been responsible for the beautiful signage seen everywhere throughout this resort and like our sign, they are all beautiful.