Awesome Weather PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 04 January 2006 16:00

Sarah Hunt, our Ontario visitor has been a good friend of Jay’s since they attended high school in Orillia, fourteen years ago. Her parents also own a cottage on an island just across from Grandview Lodge Resort, which we operated from 1988 until 1999, and she worked for us there for several years. She arrived here last night at shortly after 9:00 PM and Jay met her at the airport. Once they returned to the motorhome, we enjoyed some great “catch-up” conversation before we all went to bed. This morning Sarah and Jay headed for Mexico but not before a swim in the pool and some time to cuddle with Makai. They will be returning on Sunday and will stay here one more night before parting for good as they journey via San Francisco to Vancouver, BC.

This afternoon, Rick, Karley and I took Makai up to the family pool for a swim. The weather here right now is spectacular and we enjoyed a high of 25C with clear skies and plenty of sunshine. Makai loves the water and the guests staying in the park love watching him enjoy it. We have had plenty of offers from the various Grandmas’ around the park needing a grandchild-fix to take him off our hands! After his swim, I took him for a long stroll to see if he would succumb to sleep to no avail; there is just way too much to see!

Needless to say, by this evening he was really overtired and feeding him his dinner became an interesting ordeal. I got down on the floor and plied him with mouthfuls of food in between him playing with his new toy that Grandpa bought him today. As you can imagine, it was a lot of fun! As I write this I am babysitting (I volunteered) while his mom and Grandpa are out having a Mexican dinner. It gave me an opportunity to cuddle with him for awhile, while giving Karley a break, something an expectant mother with an active one-year old needs every so often.