Whew! A very Busy Day PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 23 February 2006 16:00

This morning Rick joined me for my morning swim at 6:00 AM and now he too understands why I make the effort; the peace and solitude and watching the sun make its very first appearance for the day. Today we enjoyed warm temperatures, 28C (82.4F) and the overnight lows have risen considerably. We needed our early start for several reasons; the first being that I had a 9:00 AM appointment with Bill Clark from the Palm Springs Writers Guild followed by a 10:30 Reiki treatment with a new client here in the park. Needless to say, my morning whizzed by and the next thing I knew it was 12:30 PM and time to get ready for my computer class which started at 1:00.

As usual the class was packed and again there were many new faces present today including both Helen and Laura. I was encouraged to hear from one lady, Cathy, saying that she has attended four classes and that she has learned a lot since she started coming. Considering teaching was never my forte, I am always surprised to hear comments like that and it makes me smile. Perhaps I was a teacher in a past life??

One of my “students” and a familiar face from a neighbouring park, Rita, arrived with questions that I could answer. She has an Amazon parrot, Max who she left at home but after class she returned with him on her shoulder so he could meet Snuggles the Cockatoo. It was so cool to watch the two birds checking each other out and they had a very “curious” visit. In the picture shown here, Max is "waving" with his foot while Snuggles is playing shy on Laura's shoulder. Later, Rita and Max came into our motorhome so I could help Rita with her computer and we could all be entertained by Max who has quite a vocabulary when he decides to talk. Sam the cat wasn’t sure what to think (she has never seen a bird up close and certainly not one this large) and after a sniff of his tail, she hissed and left the room. The rest of us, (Helen, Rick and I) enjoyed their visit and soon it was time to head to Josephine’s for dinner. It was certainly a full day with little time to think and I am looking forward to my bed tonight!