I Wonder PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 24 February 2006 16:00

Gosh, I wonder what the Queen is doing these days. I’m sure her life isn’t nearly as good ours is and I know for certain that the weather in England isn’t as nice. Today we experienced another glorious day in paradise with the high reaching 27C (80.6F) but it did get a little overcast late in the day. Rick and Rich played pickle ball this morning after which Rick, Helen and I went up to the upper clubhouse for the weekly “yard sale” to see if there were any bargains to be had. We picked up some paperback books (3 for $2) and Helen bought a little garden ornament for 2 bucks, so we all did okay.

I helped out in the sales office for part of the day while Rick went up to Vern’s (the bird carver) to work on his bird. Vern starts his trek back to Oregon via Nevada next month so we are running out of time to complete our bird projects before he goes. Fortunately he is such a great teacher that he will work with his students outside of the class whenever we need his help.

Tonight Rich and Laura came over for “Happy Hour”, that time of day before dusk when RVers (or not) gather to socialize and imbibe on cocktails and appetizers. Even though we don’t drink alcohol, we still enjoy the company and the treats that Laura provided and we all had an enjoyable time. Once the sun set, (and the air chilled) Rick, Helen and I headed into Palm Springs for dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen while Rich and Laura enjoyed a Korean dinner at home. Yup, we certainly have a nice life…the poor queen!