Oh, Oh…I’m Wearing Her Out PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 25 February 2006 16:00

Rick loves NASCAR as anyone who knows him can attest to and today’s race was being held in Fontana, California just about 70 miles from here. SO this morning Rick and Dail, a friend here in the park, headed to Fontana while Helen and I headed to the College of the Desert Street Fair.

The weather is still warm, 26C (78.8F) and it was slightly overcast here so it was ideal for us to browse through the booths. Rick on the other hand, encountered a few drops of rain when they first arrived at the track however it didn’t last long and the race proceeded as scheduled. Helen and I walked around the fair for two hours, checking out the vendors and we both left there with bags in our hands. Rick and Dail had great seats across from the pits and they enjoyed the entire race.

From the street fair, Helen and I stopped at Costco and Clark’s before heading back to the motorhome where I had a computer tutor appointment scheduled for 3:00 PM. Helen headed to the pool while I did my work and afterwards we both made a vegetarian curry together. Rick arrived home shortly after 7:00 and he shared the day’s event with us, Laura, Rich and Snuggles who were visiting. Apparently the race was great though Rick was a little disappointed because his favourite driver, Jeff Gordon only placed 13th.

Tonight we are all tired but Helen is totally exhausted.