My Aching Feet PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 19 March 2006 16:00

Like I said earlier, the Fairplex is massive and as a result we are getting plenty of exercise despite not having our morning swim. There is a tram service which runs very efficiently all day and evening long, however, because of all the stops, we find it just as quick to walk everywhere.

This morning Rick and Rich attended the Cummins seminar which covered all kinds of things about diesel engines, (ours in particular and most of which Rick already knew). After they were finished, Laura joined them while they checked out all the various RV component and accessory displays. Meanwhile yours truly had the pleasure of waiting for various techies to show up and service some of our components, a perk at these conventions. So far we have had our satellite dish tweaked (at no cost), our tow-bar greased and serviced (for free), the batteries checked (gratis) and the Hydro-Hot diesel hot water/heating system cleaned and serviced ($109.00). We had heard from friends that this is something that occurs at these gatherings and it certainly is nice. We had planned to visit the Hydro-Hot people in Colorado this spring so this call has saved us the trip although the state is still a destination for the future.

Tomorrow while Rick learns more about what runs what and how, I will tour some coaches and view the accessories some more. I am lost when it comes to technical stuff and find it quite sleep-inducing so I might as well do the “girl” thing and look at the pretty stuff. At any rate, my feet will never be quite the same.