Whew! PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 21 March 2006 16:00

The weather has finally changed and today at the FMCA convention in Pomona, the sun returned and the mercury hit 20C (68F). The rainless, warm day made for a much more enjoyable time to explore the rest of the displays and attend some seminars.

Rick and Rich, the early birds, were up bright and early to attend the Spartan Chassis maintenance seminar and as it turns out, it was by far the best one they have attended yet. They both left there with a lot of valuable information that will be useful in years to come. Last night we briefly attended a “first timers” event and Laura and I each received $5 in FMCA cash to spend at some of the booths so we headed over to the display booths to see if there was anything of interest for us. From there we attended a seminar on “Velcro” (yup, that’s right…Velcro!) put on by Coil n’Wrap and we learned about some really good ideas to keep things organized in small places.

After lunch Rick and I headed back over to the motorhome display area to check out some more of the 800+ rigs. Like automobiles, every year the RV manufacturers come out with bigger and better motorhomes and we were awestruck with some of them. There were a couple of rigs that we would have loved to move into if money were no object however it’s the old saying: “the grass is always greener on the other side”. Tomorrow we are heading back to Catalina Spa but I have to say our first experience at an FMCA event has been a good one.