Is Fulltiming For You? Part 2 PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 11 April 2006 16:00

A few clues that this lifestyle would be just right for us were that we love spending all our time together, we enjoy exploring new places and after every vacation, we dreaded having to return home. We are best friends, even after twelve years together, and even though we have plenty of friends, neither of us is tied to any social circles so we weren’t leaving anything behind. Our children are all adults living on their own and our mothers are well looked after in retirement homes. Even though we aren’t financially ready to fully retire, we can afford to take a hiatus from the stationary world for a few years and we didn’t want to wait until we were limited by our health or physical abilities.

After making the decision to sell our house, we began researching and looking for a new motorhome that we could live in full time because we knew our single slide just wasn’t going to cut it. We lived in a large, luxurious home with all the amenities you could want and though we knew we were downsizing, we also knew what we wanted in a home with wheels. There were some things we knew we were not prepared to live with out. I have had a dishwasher since I was 19 years old and I was not about to spend the next part of my life doing dishes by hand. Internet access was also very important because we knew we would be staying in places where it would be our only form of communication. Rick had some mechanical requirements: a 500 HP motor, the right chassis, air brakes among other things. We ended up ordering our current motorhome equipped with all the things that were important to us and as most of you know, we aren’t suffering in the least.