Settling In PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 13 October 2006 16:00

We arrived in Desert Hot Springs yesterday and as I wrote earlier; it’s nice to be back at Catalina Spa & RV Park. Last winter we were parked in the lower, older section but this year we have moved up to the newer part at the back of the park nearer the clubhouse and the family pool. The sites are larger, the electric service is 50 amp and we have a better view.

Our site is the largest one in the park and consequently we are able to park our trailer beside the motorhome. We will be able to use it like a shed; keeping our bicycles, lawn furniture and even the motorcycle stored in it if we want. It will also give Rick an opportunity to clean it, something it badly needs and something he hasn’t been able to do for some time.

This morning Rick was busy raking, sweeping and getting the outside area organized and cleaned up. While he was busy outside, I did some cleaning and organizing inside; setting things out that have been tucked in drawers and cupboards for months. As much as we love traveling and seeing new things, there is something to be said for being stationary for awhile. Today I also headed over to the cable TV dudes to get a modem for high speed internet and to get our broadband phone working again. It is great for using the webcam to chat with the MacLachlan clan, making being apart from them easier.

Though the park is sparsely populated right now, the snowbirds are arriving; one RV at a time and some of the friends we made last year have popped by to welcome us. Did I mention…it’s good to be back?