Happy Campers PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 16 October 2006 16:00

This morning we woke up to find our small outside tables, our lawn chairs and the barbeque all topsy turvy from last night's wind. It was definitely the worst we have ever seen here and I hope we’ve seen the last of it. Today the wind has died down, (there’s a mild breeze) and the weather is more like we are used to. When it is that windy the pool cools down making it less inviting so we haven’t even been using it and swimming is one of our favourite forms of exercise. I shouldn’t complain though because according to my friend, Sandra, it is much colder in the northern areas right now.

This morning I was invited to attend a Pranic Healing class at the We Care Holistic Health Center near here. One of my friends that I worked with last year in Palm Springs has been going to these weekly sessions and has made some remarkable progress in her battle with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I am always open to learn about other forms of energy work, especially when great results are so evident and Pranic Healing is just that. I loved the class and hope to attend as many as possible while we are here.

This afternoon was spent shopping; Rick joined me while I went to all my favourite stores, Costco, Clark’s Nutrition and Trader Joes, to stock up the fridge and cupboards with some supplies that should last us for a while. It has been a long time since I have been able to find so much great food in one place so I was truly in my glory. I guess you can say we are settling in nicely!

I have to take my camera in for a cleaning, consequently my picture taking has slowed down considerably. This is a picture I took as the sun was going down behind the mountains in the distance. The air pollution makes for an interesting sky!!