The Pools PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 17 October 2006 16:00

Let me tell you about the pools. We love them; in fact the pools are one of the major reasons we like to return here. Today there was very little wind at all and the temperature hovered in the high 20’sC (low 80’sF) all day. This morning Rick worked here at the park helping with some landscaping while I headed over to a neighbouring park to help a friend with his computer. We were both finished by lunchtime and afterwards, we could clearly hear the upper pool calling for us!

The park is still very quiet; most of the snowbirds have not yet arrived so the pools, both upper and lower, are very unpopulated. When we went to the upper pool there were two people swimming and one man sunbathing. That was it. The water was lukewarm, there was a light breeze and the sun was blazing; ideal for lazing around or swimming. Rick went in right away while I did some reading but it wasn’t long before I joined him. It was wonderful; refreshing and no evidence of chlorine, just fresh, clean water so we both swam for close to an hour.

Swimming is such a great form of exercise and what better place to swim than in a warm mineral pool in southern California. We love it; we love the fact that the pool temperature is kept pleasantly warm, there is no sulphur smell despite the fact that both pools are fed with hot mineral water and there is no telltale smell of chlorine because so little is needed. Uh huh, this IS the life and have I mentioned we love the pools………….