My Camera is in the Canon Hospital PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 22 October 2006 16:00

The quality of my pictures has been greatly reduced hence; I have been taking fewer and fewer shots. My poor camera is dirty, I mean REALLY dirty! Surprisingly, most of the dirt doesn’t present itself on the actual photograph but it has been progressively getting worse so today I sent it to the Canon Factory Service Center in Irvine, California.

I had noticed it getting dirty while we were in Moab, Utah and I took it into a camera shop there where it was “blown” out. I also purchased a couple of things to try to keep it clean myself, however I think it had acquired too much dust and everytime I used it, it seemed to be getting dirtier. Apparently these digital SLR’s are like a magnet for dust and though I am very careful when I change the lenses, the dust finds it’s way into the camera just the same. (No doubt having it constantly on my person, even while riding on the back of the bike, doesn’t help either.)

Anyway, the folks at Canon were great; very helpful and reassuring so I am hoping I will have it back in a few days. Until then I will feature some pics taken in the past few days here at the park or yesterday in LA. Because of the state of my camera I didn’t take many shots but there are a few that are worthy for the webpage. Of course I could use Rick’s camera but it is even more complicated than mine and being as I am less than an amateur, I may leave it to him to provide some material!

This picture was taken as we rode along the Coast Highway yesterday just north of Malibu.