Lucky Us PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 02 November 2006 16:00

We wake up every morning here in Desert Hot Springs; look out the window and say, “Oh, Look! Another sunny day!” Never once do we take the winter weather in the desert for granted. We love it, every cloudless day, every sunny day and every day that isn’t so perfect.

This morning I received an email from my brother-in-law, Fred (he and my sister still live in Coldwater, Ontario not far from our former homestead). He wrote that they were going to their cottage, provided that they could get there as there was 8 inches of snow on the ground. It’s November the 3rd and they are already seeing snow and dealing with freezing temperatures! Yikes!

I didn’t post this entry until the morning of the 4th partly because I had been on the go all day Friday and wanted a rest and partly because our readership drops off every weekend and spikes on Mondays. (Evidently, the bulk of our readership checks their emails from work!) Consequently I didn’t think anyone would miss it, if I didn’t post until Saturday. Anyway, as it turns out, it was a good thing because now I can include one of several photographs that Fred emailed me from the cottage. Once upon a time, Rick and I owned the cottage over one from Fred & Christine’s and this pic is of the docks at the community centre which sat between us.