Catching Up PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 17 November 2006 16:00

Today is Angie’s birthday (Rick’s daughter)! Though she is in Ontario, we have thought of her several times today and wish her a very happy birthday. After all, it’s not every day when one celebrates their 30th birthday and it certainly makes these parents realize how quickly time goes by! Hope it was a really good one Angie!

Rick had made plans to be outside of the park all day today leaving me on my own to do whatever I wanted and so I made it a day of “catch up”. The weather was gorgeous as usual but after my walk, shower and visit with a friend, I decided to watch TV.

Lately, with our busy schedules, TV watching is really low on our priority list and though we record a couple of shows a day, we just haven’t made time to watch them. Our PVR (personal video recorder) has approximately 80 hours of recording time on it and with the stuff we have recorded, it is rapidly reaching capacity. With the weather here being pretty much the same every day, waiting for a rainy day to do some TV watching isn’t likely to happen anytime soon. I had had a busy week and lying around to watch TV seemed like a perfect way to spend the day.

I have to say, I enjoyed myself…it was nice being a slug for a change. I watched a wide variety of shows, from movies to sitcoms while simultaneously working on a friend’s computer (so it wasn’t a totally wasted day). Sam, the cat enjoyed having someone home with her all day and when Rick returned he found us laying together on the couch. It seems we all had a very good day! This is a picture of the putting green that Rick has been nursing back to splendor. Within the next two weeks it should have flags in place and be playable too!