Pampered PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 23 November 2006 16:00

Last night I arrived in Winnipeg at 11:45 PM (Central Time) and was greeted by a robust uniformed driver who led me to a stretch limousine. I felt quite small in the back of it because anytime I have ridden in a stretch before; I have been one of several folks using it. This was my first solo experience. Once I checked in at the hotel, I was delighted to find a king-size, very comfy bed, turned down and ready for me to fall into it. It took me a little while to settle in so it was after 1:00 before I was able to fall into a fitful sleep (strange bed, strange city, no hubby). I was wide awake at 6:00 AM this morning.

My hosts, Jamie and Wendy, met me in the lobby for breakfast and then we headed upstairs to the “filming” suite. Everything was wrapped up well before noon and I was presented with a beautiful piece of artwork by a local artist as a token of GWL’s appreciation.

From there Jamie and Wendy drove me over to the historic Fort Garry Hotel, for a delicious lunch and to enjoy an afternoon at the Ten Spa. There was nothing my body needed more than the 50 minute relaxation massage followed by a glorious, hot cream hand and arm treatment complete with a manicure. Wow, who knew Winnipeg in the winter could be so wonderful? My sincere thanks goes to Jamie and Wendy of GWL for making my short visit such a great experience!

Just to prove to myself that I was here I took some pictures from my balcony of the snow that I woke up to this morning. Also in the picture on the left is the Fort Garry Hotel.