Home Sweet Home PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 24 November 2006 16:00

After another night of restless, sort-of-sleep, I was wakened by the sound of the radio alarm at 4:30 AM Central Time which translates into 2:30 Pacific Time, the time my brain is on. That in turn means I am going to be (was) very tired all day. I was on track for being ready for the scheduled 5:40 limo pick-up, but despite my good intentions, the driver had to call up to the room at 5:45 to give me a prod. There was no additional snow added to that that fell overnight on Thursday and the air was crisp and calm. The drive both from and to the airport on Thursday night and this morning were in the dark. And so I spent two nights and a day in “Winterpeg” and saw almost none of it.

My entire trip has been with West Jet, the airline that all airlines should be made to live up to. Aside from comfortable seating we are treated like we matter and the staff, from the counter attendants to the pilots, are friendly, accommodating and approachable. On the flights from Winnipeg to Vancouver and Palm Springs I enjoyed satellite television and like my two flights on Thursday, I had an empty seat beside me giving me even more space.

I arrived in Palm Springs 25 minutes earlier than expected so I walked outside to wait for Rick and discovered that I had dragged some of the cooler air from Canada with me. Though it was sunny, it was very windy with a daytime high only reaching 24C (75F), quite a contrast from the 30+C that I left from on Thursday. It is nice to be back in the Coachella Valley but my visit to Winnipeg, though short-lived was better than I could have imagined. With such an early morning and two restless sleeps, you know this gal will be sleeping well tonight.