Figure This One Out PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 28 November 2006 16:00

Today it has been incredibly windy and cold here in this part of the world. I have the Weather Network on my desktop and I monitor three places; Coldwater, Ontario, Mission, BC and Palm Springs, CA just to keep tabs on the weather where my sister and Karley live.

We all have heard about the crazy severe winter weather that BC and northwestern USA has been dealing with. They have had excessive rain followed by arctic temperatures and heavy snowfalls. In the meantime Central Ontario is downright balmy! In California, the arctic weather from the north has worked its way down to here and though compared to BC, it is still much warmer, for here it is extremely cold. We all have our heaters on in our rigs non stop and folks are bundling up in sweaters, long pants and jackets. I have even seen some people wearing woolen caps and earmuffs.

The crazy thing is while my sister and other folks in Central Ontario have been frolicking in the unseasonably warm temperatures, we are moaning and groaning about ours. At 4:00 PM today (Pacific Time) the mercury reading here was identical to the mercury reading in Ontario (where it is three hours later, so no sun shining at that time), a whopping 15C (59F)! Now as I write this, they are even enjoying 14C (57.2F) while we are experiencing 13C (55.4F) and if you could factor in the wind-chill here, I am sure it is much lower than that.

Tonight we have frost warnings in effect with even the potential of some freezing occurring and a projected low somewhere between 27F (-2.7C) & 37F (+2.7C). Oh yay!