Squirming No More PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 03 December 2006 16:00

My husband has no “butt”. I’ve often teased him with the fact that my children had bigger rear-ends when they were born than he has now which he finds little humour in. When we go to a restaurant we always try to get seated in a booth or at a table with padded seating so he can enjoy his entire meal without being in agony.

It is often said that his two legs end in a crack and since we started motorcycling, my “bum-less wonder” of a husband has had great difficulty sitting on the bike for very long. As the passenger, sitting directly behind him, his squirming to get comfortable becomes pretty annoying after a while. He has tried a gel filled seat, a sheepskin cover and even went to the expense of having a seat custom made all in an effort to make things more comfortable.

Last week Rick bought a pair of padded shorts designed specifically for bicycling which just might be the solution we have been looking for. Yesterday he wore them under his leather jeans (also something purchased to help with the bum-less cause) and we rode all the way to Yucca Valley without him moving around in his seat. Maybe this means his squirming days are finally over and we can both ride comfortably from now on!!