“Compu-Cooking” on My Day Off PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 08 December 2006 16:00

At this park I have earned the distinction of being the local computer problem fixer; something I actually enjoy. This morning Rick asked me what I had planned for my day off to which I replied, “a whole lot of nothing”. I knew I had a little job planned for later in the day and I had a computer waiting to be unraveled sitting on the counter, but other than that I had nothing else on my agenda.

By 1:00 o’clock I had four computers on the go and I was juicing grapefruit simultaneously. Each machine had it’s own unique problem, all quite resolvable, and I made 2 litres of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. It was multi-tasking at its finest! For me the culinary guru/computer geek; it was a wonderful way to pass my time on my day off.

Afterwards, I cleaned up my computer (always the last one on the list) while I whipped up a gourmet treat for our dinner. In all seriousness these two tasks, cooking and computing, at opposite ends of the spectrum, are things which I actually get a sense of relaxation from and I couldn’t have had a finer day off.

In between cooking and fixing, I played with a photo program I’ve had for a year but until today, never used. This was taken the other morning after my walk of the pond in front of our Moho.