Feeling Like Christmas?? PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 11 December 2006 16:00

Here we are, less than two weeks away from Christmas Day and yet it doesn’t yet feel like that to me (well at least it didn’t until tonight). There are plenty of Christmas decorations dressing up both the park and the rigs that are parked in it but there is no snow. Not that I want to see snow here, but Christmas without it just never feels quite the same.

Tonight was the Catalina Spa volunteer’s potluck Christmas dinner and as usual it was very well attended. We were treated to all sorts of culinary delights including wine and ham (supplied by the park but of which neither Rick nor I indulge in) as well as lots of goodies provided by the many volunteers. After our appetites were satisfied, a few of the vocally gifted members provided some entertainment. With a Christmas tree decorating the room, as well as some festive clothing on the attendees, it was certainly the closest to feeling like Christmas that we have come.

Once we arrive in BC on the weekend with two wee children to spend some time with, perhaps Christmas will seem more real but at least tonight we got the festivities started.