The Importance of Moving and Skirting The Weather PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 14 December 2006 16:00

One of the many benefits of my morning walk is that it keeps all of my body parts moving the way they should…I mean ALL of my parts. Sitting in a car slows some of those parts down to a dead stop and this morning I missed my walk. Needless to say, without being too specific I am feeling a little heavier than I did yesterday and I am looking forward to doing some walking again.

This morning we were wakened just after 4 AM by the sound of a police siren making chase down the nearby highway. Great! Since we were both awake we showered, dressed and got on the road right away. The forecast for our ride was not good so we figured the sooner we got on our way the better. As it turned out we spent the day dodging inclement weather, seeing snow showers all around us but mostly enjoying sun and blue skies above us. We were sprinkled on once just north of where we started out from and after that it was dry for most of the day. The traffic all the way was relatively light so we had no aggravations and we made excellent time.

By 5:30 PM we were just south of Portland where we stopped to do some Christmas shopping. There is no sales tax in Oregon so it makes it worthwhile to pickup a few things while we are here. We could have continued on along our course and arrived in Mission late tonight or in the wee hours of the morning, however we’d be useless tired blobs all day tomorrow. It made more sense to get a good night’s sleep and drive the remaining six hours in daylight arriving there well rested and ready to do some cuddling!

I took this picture just south of Grant’s Pass where you can see the clouds and snow at the top of the mountain.